What does it mean to live out the ways of Jesus?
When we are tested...
In a culture of division and distrust...
In the face of injustice...
At Compassion Connect, we believe in the values that Jesus displays and ushers in: Freedom, Love, Unity, Service. These values are not just witnessed in times of victory and progress; they are tested and proven in the most difficult of times.
In a culture fraught with so much division and the temptation to take sides, may we as the Church be a guide to a higher way, a way that sees value & dignity in every person and lives out these values in selfless consideration of the least of these.
- Freedom: We believe in holistic freedom for individuals & communities. We are a people set free by grace who labor to see individuals and communities transformed through the gospel.
- Love: We are a community of love, demonstrating love to our neighbors. We value a culture of Servant Leadership and honoring others above ourselves.
- Unity: We believe in the importance of local churches and individuals growing in unity. This means an inclusive, loving environment that unites us together in our passion to serve.
- Service: We value acts of service that reflect God’s heart for people. We believe that Jesus followers putting their faith into action outside the four walls of the church can meet real spiritual and social needs and reflect God’s heart for the hurting and oppressed.
We invite all churches and followers of Jesus to shine the light, leading the way forward in 2017 and beyond.
In the face of division and distrust, we are unity and love.
In the face of injustice, we serve the least of these.
In the wake of difficult times, we persevere--together.
We invite you to join us in these 5 practical steps to lead the way:
1. Pray for the leaders of this nation we are blessed to live in. Prayer, in part, is an authentic expression of fears, hopes, and other real, raw emotions to God while in a posture of listening. Visit this link for free 31-day United States and World prayer maps.
2. Put your faith into action by serving the people in your neighborhood with love and compassion. Serving can take many forms, and no matter your gifting, there is a place for you. In addition, you don’t have to have everything together or be perfect yourself before stepping out to help others. It has been God’s delight throughout history to use the least equipped, the most unsure and bumbling people available. Why not you? ;) Check out our service opportunities here.
3. While serving, listen. Find ways to experience people who are different than yourself, who you might otherwise never interact with, and let the journey begin by asking “please tell me your story.”
4. Experience the joy of serving alongside other Jesus followers from different backgrounds, realizing that there is so much more that unites us than divides us. All of our service opportunities weave in this value of unity. When you serve with us, you are serving with God’s people, becoming part of a movement that is so much bigger than one denomination, one church building, one little corner of the world.
5. Open your heart to give generously to the organizations that hit your passion buttons and are bringing about the change you want to see in the world. You’d be surprised at how many internal and external benefits to generosity there are (read the article here!).
At the end of the day, our belief at Compassion Connect is that you are an extraordinary gift to your community when you put your faith and unique talents in action alongside others who love Jesus and want to see your neighbors healed from suffering and experiencing abundant life.
It is these actions, taken as One, that transform a volatile nation and a world of division into one of unity and love.