Unique gifting required! Are you passionate about ending human trafficking, smitten by the bridal shop environment, and capable of inspiring and uniting others to serve? If so, you may be the Bridal Shop manager that we are looking for. This full-time management position provides the opportunity to dramatically improve how Adorned in Grace, a nonprofit bridal shop, serves the community. The qualified candidate will develop volunteer teams, plan and oversee shop operations, and facilitate events to expand the funding base for the prevention of trafficking and support to victims. The person filling this role will help churches and volunteers link arms to express God's love while uniting to end exploitation.
Organization: Adorned in Grace: providing awareness and funding for the prevention of human trafficking, and support for victims. Adorned in Grace is a ministry model of Compassion Connect, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Job Title: Adorned in Grace Bridal and Formalwear Manager
· Oversee operational functions and volunteer development for the Adorned in Grace Bridal Shop
· Understand and implement the policies of the shop
· Recruit, train, maintain, and schedule volunteer staff
· Equip staff as individuals and teams to carry out the functions of the bridal shop: e.g. helping customers, completing sales transactions, managing inventory, maintaining relevant databases, updating technology, maintaining and improving the physical facility, keeping correspondence current, developing and implementing a marketing plan, enacting community outreach.
· Interface between the Bridal Shop and its volunteers and Abolition Now/Compassion Connect
· Participate in planning and implementation of new ventures that may reach outside of the Raleigh Hills Bridal Shop; e.g. coordination of distribution centers, sales outlets
Faith and Character:
· A heart for following Jesus and passion for the mission of Adorned in Grace
· Teachable heart and teachable spirit
· Friendly, engaging personality and positive attitude
· Good judgment and conflict resolution skills
· Professional appearance
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
· Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
· Ability to provide oversight and leadership to volunteer staff
· Basic understanding of non-profit organizational structure
· Strong customer service skills
· Basic knowledge of merchandising, print marketing, and social media
· Basic math, cash handling, and accounting skills
· Some knowledge of the bridal or fashion industry preferred
· Computer skills preferred: word processing, internet search, web-based programs, trouble shooting
· Physical ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, squat and move/carry up to 35 lbs
Experience and Education:
· Experience in teaching, training, & organizational leadership preferred
· At least one year of retail experience
· College degree: prefer bachelor’s or higher, preferably in a business field
The Bridal Shop Director will report to the Abolition Now Director and be under the advisement of a Bridal Shop Advisory Committee.
The Bridal Shop Director will submit a weekly log documenting hours and tasks, which will be periodically reviewed with the supervisor and advisory committee to adjust focus if necessary. This position will also provide data as requested for non-profit oversight purposes such as volunteer information, volunteer hours, donations, and sales figures.
Develop a 40-hour per week work schedule that includes some, but not necessarily all of the shop’s open hours. Saturdays 9:30am - 6pm will be required for the first six months. Other time will include meetings, volunteer contact, administrative tasks, and community contact.
Bridal Shop: develop a schedule of regular meetings as necessary for leadership team, task teams, individual key volunteers, and volunteer development
Abolition Now/Compassion Connect: Bi-weekly on-site staff meeting attendance for the first three months followed by once per month on-site staff meeting attendance and once per month remote-access participation such as conference call, Skype, or FaceTime
Advisory committee: Quarterly Advisory Committee meeting
Salary for this position is commensurable with experience. To apply for this position, please visit https://compassionconnect.webconnex.com/manager.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for the position.